[Pcalumnixctrack] PROVIDENCE COLLEGE CROSS COUNTRY TEAMS READY FOR CCSU MINI MEET

Rachel C Anderson rander11 at friars.providence.edu
Thu Oct 18 16:06:53 EDT 2012

PROVIDENCE COLLEGE CROSS COUNTRY TEAMS READY FOR CCSU MINI MEET

Men’s and No. 10 Women’s team will show off some unseen talent in New Britain, Conn., on Friday, October 19.

PROVIDENCE, R.I. – The Providence College men’s and women’s cross country teams are to compete at the Central Connecticut Mini Meet in New Britain, Conn., on Friday, October 19, marking the first cross country race for a few Friars on the season.  The women’s 3K is scheduled to start at 3:30 p.m., and the men’s 5K will start at 4:00 p.m.

Juniors Jackie McCarthy (New Rochelle, N.Y.), Elizabeth DeVivo (Riverside, Conn.) and Molly McCann (Rockville Centre, N.Y.), and sophomores Caile Kohlbrenner (Sparkill, N.Y.) and Devyn Pryor (Dartmouth, Mass.) will be taking to the course for another race, along with freshmen Katie Powell (Wrentham, Mass.) and Lauren Mullins (Binghamton, Mass.).  Each have competed in at least one meet this season.  McCarthy, Mullins and Kohlbrenner have been active in two, while Pryor has made an appearance in three meets, including a seventh place finish at New Hampshire.

They will be joined by junior Abi Alegi (Raynham, Mass.) and freshman Anna Dumais (Burville, R.I.) in their first event of the season.

For the men, senior Eric Malnati (Walpole, N.H.), sophomore Luke Perron (West Hartford, Conn.), freshman Brendan Sullivan (Foxboro, Mass.) and graduate student Anthony Gonsalves (Pawtucket, R.I.) will return, joined by senior Nik Rebovich (New Hartford, N.Y.) who will be making his season debut.

-GO FRIARS-