[Pcalumnixctrack] Providence College Men’s Cross Country Travel To Regionals

Laura A Nagel lnagel at friars.providence.edu
Wed Nov 12 13:14:23 EST 2014

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - Wednesday, Nov. 12, 2014

Contact - Laura Nagel (401) 865-1245

Providence College Men’s Cross Country Travel To Regionals

The men will race at Van Cortlandt Park in New York on Nov. 14.

PROVIDENCE, R.I. - The Providence College men's cross country team will look to qualify for the NCAA Championships at Van Cortlandt Park, Bronx, N.Y. at the NCAA Northeast Regional Championships on Friday, Nov. 14.  Friday’s championship race is set to go off at 1:00 p.m. The top-two finishing teams in the race will earn automatic bids to the NCAA Championships on Nov. 22.

The Friars come off of a third-place team finish at the BIG EAST Championships on Oct. 31.

Leading the Friars will be seniors Benjamin Connor (Derby, England), Shane Quinn (Waterford, Ireland), Brian Doyle (Swansea, Mass.) and Liam Hillery (Smithfield, R.I.).

Joining the seniors will be junior Julian Oakley (Tauranga, New Zealand) and sophomore Hugh Armstrong (Ballina, County Mayo, Ireland).

Freshman Aaron Hanlon (Drogheda, Ireland) also will compete for the Friars.

The Friars will jump up from an 8km distance to a 10km race for the rest of the season.

-Go Friars-
?

Laura Nagel
Sports Information Graduate Assistant