[Pcalumnixctrack] Providence College Women’s Track & Field Sweeps Top-Three At BU Season Opener

Jennifer R Friedman jfriedm1 at friars.providence.edu
Mon Dec 9 11:19:44 EST 2013

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - Sunday, Dec. 8

Contact: Jennifer Friedman-(401) 865-1245

Providence College Women’s Track & Field Sweeps Top-Three At BU Season Opener

Sisson claimed first, while Collins and Nagel both posted person-bests.

Boston, Mass. - The Providence College women’s track and field team competed at the Boston University Season Opener on Saturday, Dec. 7. The women claimed the top-three spots in the 5000 meter event on Saturday.

Seniors Emily Sisson (Chesterfield, Mo.) and Laura Nagel (Napier, New Zealand) along with sophomore Sarah Mary Collins (Basel, Switzerland) finished in the top-three with Nagel and Collins capturing personal bests in the 5000 meter event.

Sisson was the first to cross the finish line with a time of 15:40.62. Collins was second in a time of 15:41.00, while Nagel rounded out the top-three with a time of 15:42.60. All three times should be good enough to qualify for the NCAA Division I Indoor Track and Field Championships in Albuquerque, N.M. to take place in early March.

The Friars are back in action on Jan. 18 when the team will look to compete at the URI Sorlien Invitational in Kingston, R.I. The meet is set to start at 11:00 a.m.

--GO FRIARS--

Jennifer Friedman

Sports Information

Graduate Assistant