[Pcalumnixctrack] Three Providence College Runners Named Div. I Women’s Cross Country All-Academic Honorees

Rachel C Anderson rander11 at friars.providence.edu
Mon Feb 25 15:36:41 EST 2013

Three Providence College Runners Named
 Div. I Women’s Cross Country All-Academic Honorees

Sarah Collins, Laura Nagel and Emily Sisson receive USTFCCCA 2012 DI Women’s Cross Country All-Academic Honors.

PROVIDENCE, R.I. - It was announced today (Feb. 25) that Providence College freshman Sarah Collins (Basel, Switzerland), junior Laura Nagel (Napier, New Zealand) and junior Emily Sisson (Chesterfield, Mo.) were named Division I Women’s Cross Country All-Academic Honorees by the USTFCCCA. A total of 115 student-athletes represent 69 institutions that compose the group.

Collins was one of the eight top-10 finishers from the NCAA Cross Country Championships in the fall that earned All-Academic honors.  She finished 10th at the NCAA Championship in a time of 19:50.7.  Sisson placed 15th with a time of 20:00.1, and Nagel finished 35th in a time of 20:12.5.  The trio made up the top-three finishers for the Friars at the NCAAs.  All three earned All-America honors at the 2012 NCAA Cross Country Championship.  As a team, Providence finished second at the NCAA Championship with 183 points.

To qualify for the USTFCCCA All-Academic Cross Country Team, student-athletes must have compiled a cumulative grade point average of 3.25 or better and have either earned USTFCCCA All-America status or finished in the NCAA region’s top-15 (or top 10 percent) in 2012.

-GO FRIARS