[Pcalumnixctrack] Providence College Men’s Cross Country Ready To Race At BIG EAST Championships

Laura A Nagel lnagel at friars.providence.edu
Wed Oct 29 11:20:58 EDT 2014

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - Wednesday, Oct. 29, 2014

Contact - Laura Nagel (401) 865-1245

Providence College Men’s Cross Country Ready To Race At
BIG EAST Championships

The men’s race is scheduled to go off at 11:50 a.m.

PROVIDENCE, R.I. - The 17th-ranked Providence College men's cross country team are set to race at the BIG EAST Championships in Carmel, Ind. on Friday, Oct. 31. The men will battle for the title against No. 7 Villanova and No. 16 Georgetown.

A pack of seniors will lead the Friars on Friday. Shane Quinn (Waterford, Ireland), Benjamin Connor (Derby, England), Brian Doyle (Swansea, Mass.) and Liam Hillery (Smithfield, R.I.) will all step up to the line. At last years’ Championships, Doyle finished third in Kenosha, Wis. over a hilly 8km course.

Joining the seniors are juniors Julian Oakley (Tauranga, New Zealand) and Harvey Dixon (Aldershot, England) and sophomores Trevor Crawley (Cumberland, R.I.) and Hugh Armstrong (Ballina, Mayo Country, Ireland).

Freshman Aaron Hanlon (Drogheda, Ireland) will also race over the 8km course.

The men’s championship race is set to go off at 11:50 a.m. and will be streamed live on the BIG EAST Digital Network. To access the live streaming, go to FoxSportsGO.com?<http://www.foxsports.com/foxsportsgo/> online or download the FoxSportsGO app and sign in with your network provider. Along with the live feed, Providence’s 2004 NCAA Cross Country Champion and current women’s cross country volunteer assistant coach Kim Smith ’05 will be the race analyst.

-Go Friars-

Laura Nagel
Sports Information Graduate Assistant
Providence College