[Pcalumnixctrack] Providence College Men’s Cross Country Set To Battle In Beantown

Laura A Nagel lnagel at friars.providence.edu
Wed Sep 24 11:49:44 EDT 2014

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - Wednesday, Sept. 24, 2014

Contact - Laura Nagel (401) 865-1245

Providence College Men’s Cross Country Set To Battle In Beantown

The men will look to battle other nationally ranked teams.

Link to Preview Video<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkaKzAbQh2E>

PROVIDENCE, R.I. - The 16th-ranked Providence College men's cross country team will compete at Franklin Park in Boston, Mass., on Friday, Sept. 24 at the ‘Coast-to-Coast Battle In Beantown’ hosted by Boston College. The men will face national powers Oregon (No. 3), Syracuse (No. 8), Columbia (No. 31) and Georgetown (No. 32).

Leading the Friars will be a quartet of seniors. The winner of the Stony Brook Invitational, senior Shane Quinn (Waterford, Ireland) and seniors Liam Hillery (Smithfield, R.I.), Brian Doyle (Swansea, Mass.) and Benjamin Connor (Derby, England) all will be racing. The Battle In Beantown will mark Connor’s season debut.

Joining the seniors are juniors Christian Costello (Ridgewood, N.J.), Harvey Dixon (Aldershot, England) and Stephen Robertson (Wakefield, Mass.) and sophomores Hugh Armstrong (Balina, Mayo Country, Ireland), Trevor Crawley (Cumberland, R.I.) and Jake Feinstein (Sandy Hook, Conn.).

Freshman Aaron Hanlon (Drogheda, Ireland) will be making his collegiate debut as a Friar. Fellow classmate Thomas O’Neill (Middletown, N.J.) also will be joining him.

Six other Friars also will race on Friday. Juniors Julian Oakley (Tauranga, New Zealand), Brendan Sullivan (Foxboro, Mass.) and Joseph Vercollone (Pembroke, Mass.), sophomores Billy Bragg (Middletown, N.J.) and Jonathan Estrada (Los Angeles, Calif.) and freshman Brendan Ungemach (Wayne, N.J.) will all line up for the 5km open race.

The men’s 8km race is set to go off at 3:30 p.m. and the open 5km race is scheduled for a 4:15 p.m. start.

-Go Friars-

Laura Nagel
Sports Information Graduate Assistant
Providence College