[Pcalumnixctrack] Providence College Men’s Cross Country Places Third At Coast-to-Coast Battle In Beantown

Laura A Nagel lnagel at friars.providence.edu
Fri Sep 26 18:44:18 EDT 2014

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – Saturday, Sept. 26, 2014

Contact - Laura Nagel (401) 865-1245

Providence College Men’s Cross Country Places Third At Coast-to-Coast Battle In Beantown

Brian Doyle finished third for the Friars.

BOSTON, Mass. - The Providence College men's cross country team placed third at the Coast-to-Coast Battle In Beantown on Saturday, Sept. 26. The men finished the 8k course with a total of 79 points.

Senior Brian Doyle (Swansea, Mass.) was the highest-place finisher for the Friars. Doyle finished third in a time of 24:27.0. Not far behind Doyle was senior Shane Quinn (Waterford, Ireland). Quinn crossed the line in 24:36.0 for seventh.

The third and fourth Friars to cross the line were senior Benjamin Connor (Derby, England) and junior Harvey Dixon (Aldershot, England). Connor finished 17th in a time of 24:50.0, while Dixon placed 19th (24:52.0).

Rounding out the Friars top seven scorers, senior Liam Hillery (Smithfield, R.I.) and freshmen Aaron Hanlon (Drogheda, Ireland) and Thomas O’Neill (Middletown, N.J.) finished 33rd, 37th and 44th, respectively. Hillery finished the course in 25:09.0, Hanlon crossed the line in 25:10.0 and O’Neill clocked in at 25:18.0.

“I’m Happy with the performance given a few incidents throughout the race with 3 members of the team falling at one stage in a stacked field; however, all responded well and got back into the race,” said head coach Ray Treacy. “We look forward to some good results in the next few weeks at New England’s and Wisconsin.”

The Friars will return to Franklin Park in two weeks for the New England Championships on Saturday, Oct. 11. The meet is set to start at 12:00 p.m.

-Go Friars-?

Laura Nagel
Sports Information Graduate Assistant
Providence College