[Pcalumnixctrack] Providence's Mullins and Sisson Capture Penn Relays Title’s

Laura A Nagel lnagel at friars.providence.edu
Fri Apr 24 08:55:47 EDT 2015

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Friday, April 24, 2015
Contact: Laura Nagel, 401-865-1245

Providence's Mullins and Sisson Capture Penn Relays Title’s
Lauren Mullins won the 10,000 meters, while Sisson dominated the 3,000 meter event.

PROVIDENCE, R.I. – The Providence College men’s and women’s track teams competed at the 121st Penn Relays last night (Thursday, April 23). Graduate-student Emily Sisson (Chesterfield, Mo.) and junior Lauren Mullins (Binghamton, N.Y.) were victorious on the night, both coming away with wins in their respective events.

Sisson was first up in the 3,000 meters. She was dominate from start to finish at a blustery Franklin Field, leading the entire way. Sisson crossed the line in a time of 9:09.12, winning by over 10 seconds. Freshman Katie Lembo (Penfield, N.Y.) also competed in the 3,000 meters, coming away with a sixth place finish (9:36.92).

Mullins then took to the track for her 10,000 meter debut. With six laps remaining in the race, she took the lead and never looked back. Mullins crossed the line in a time of 34:00.56 to win the collegiate race by 21 seconds.

Senior Caile Kohlbrenner (Sparkill, N.Y.) competed in the 3,000 meter steeplechase, clocking in at 11:08.16 for a 17-second personal best.

On the men’s side, sophomore Trevor Crawley (Cumberland, R.I.) and freshman Tom O’Neill (Middletown, N.J.) featured in the 5,000 meters. Crawley finished in 14:15.05 for 10th-place in the college men’s race, while O’Neill crossed the line in a time of 14:27.44 for fourth in the Olympic Development race.

To cap off the night, Irishman Hugh Armstrong stepped up in the 10,000 meters, running sub-30 (29:55.00) for second.

The Friars are back in action this Sunday (April 26) at the Springtime Brown Invitational in Providence, R.I. Races will begin at 11:00 a.m.

- GO FRIARS -

Laura Nagel
Sports Information Graduate Assistant
Providence College