[Pcalumnixctrack] Providence College’s Sisson and Matthews Head to NCAAs

Rachel C Anderson rander11 at friars.providence.edu
Tue Mar 5 12:40:42 EST 2013

Providence College’s Sisson and Matthews Head to NCAAs

The two Friars will compete at the NCAA Div. I Indoor Track Championships in Fayetteville, Ark. on March 8-9.

PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Providence College’s junior Emily Sisson (Chesterfield, Mo.) and senior Julian Matthews (Nelson, New Zealand) will compete at the NCAA Div. I Indoor Track Championships in Fayetteville, Ark. on March 8-9.  The Championships will be hosted by the University of Arkansas.

Sisson will compete in the 5,000-meters on Fri., March 8.  The finals will be held at 8:55 p.m. ET/7:55 p.m. CT.  Sisson is currently ranked third in the nation in the 5,000-meters with a time of 15:44.40 from the BU Terrier Invitational on Jan. 25.

Matthews will compete in the mile.  The semifinals will be held on Fri., March 8 at 6:45 p.m. ET/5:45 p.m. CT and the finals will be held on Sat., March 9 at 7:10 p.m. ET/6:10 p.m. CT. Matthews currently ranks 10th nationally in the mile with his sub-four minute time from the BU Valentine Make-Up Meet on Feb. 14 (3:58).

For more information and results, follow @FriarsXCTrack on Twitter or visit http://www.ustfccca.org/weekly-results/national-championships-central-indoor-track-field#d1.

-Go Friars-