[Pcalumnixctrack] Providence College Men's Track Takes IC4A Qualifying Times At Weekend Meets

Jennifer R Friedman jfriedm1 at friars.providence.edu
Sat Apr 5 21:01:16 EDT 2014

Providence College Men's Track Takes IC4A Qualifying Times At Weekend Meets

The Friars had three IC4A Championship qualifying times at the Stanford Invitational.

PRINCETON, N.J. - The Providence College men's track and field team concluded competition at the Sam Howell Invitational (Princeton, N.J.) and the Stanford Invitational (Palo Alto, Calif.). The Friars captured IC4A Championship qualifying times at the Stanford Invitational (April 4) in the 10,000 meter run.

Sophomore Benjamin Connor (Derby, England) finished sixth with a time of 29:18.62 for an IC4A qualifying performance in the 10,000 meter run, while junior Brian Doyle (Swansea, Mass.) finished 19th with an IC4A time of 29:42.24.

Doyle's classmate, Liam Hillery (Smithfield, R.I.) also captured an IC4A qualifying time in the 10,000 meter run with a time of 30:31.87.

At the Sam Howell Invitational, sophomore Austin King (Kempton, Pa.) finished 12th in the 400 meter dash with a time of 49.74.

Classmate Joseph Vercollone (Pembroke, Mass.) captured 13th in the 800 meter run with a time of 1:53.82.

Following the conclusion of the weekend, Providence's Connor, Doyle, as well as graduate student Julian Saad (Trumbull, Conn.), and sophomores Julian Oakley (Tauranga, New Zealand) and Harvey Dixon (Aldershot, England) posted times that will likely qualify them for the NCAA Division I Regionals later this season.

The Friars will return to action with the program's first home meet, the Friar Invitational, on April 12. The meet is set to start at 11:00 a.m. at the Ray Treacy Track in Providence, R.I.

--GO FRIARS--

Jennifer Friedman

Sports Information

Graduate Assistant