[Pcalumnixctrack] Julian Oakley Nabs BIG EAST Track Athlete Of The Week

Jennifer R Friedman jfriedm1 at friars.providence.edu
Wed Jan 29 13:32:14 EST 2014

Julian Oakley Nabs BIG EAST Track Athlete Of The Week
Oakley posted a personal best performance in the one mile run on Jan. 25 at the BU Invitational.

PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Providence College sophomore Julian Oakley (Tauranga, New Zealand) was named BIG EAST Men's Track Athlete of the Week today (Jan. 28). It marks the first time in Oakley's career he has been recognized with weekly league honors.

Oakley posted a personal best time of 4:01.85 in the one mile run for a ninth place finish out of a field of 176 runners at the BU Invitational on Jan. 25. Oakley's conference-best time qualified him for the IC4A Championships in the one mile run.

Oakley and the Friars are back in action on Saturday, Feb. 1 at the URI Coaches Invitational in Kingston, R.I. The meet will kick-off at 11:00 a.m.

--GO FRIARS--

Jennifer Friedman

Sports Information

Graduate Assistant