[Pcalumnixctrack] Providence’s Emily Sisson Finishes Second At US 12km Championship

Laura A Nagel lnagel at friars.providence.edu
Sun Nov 16 14:57:51 EST 2014

?FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - Sunday, Nov. 16, 2014

Contact - Laura Nagel (401) 865-1245

Providence’s Emily Sisson Finishes Second At US 12km Championship

Sisson finished second, behind 5000 meter American Record holder Molly Huddle.

ALEXANDRIA, Va. – Providence College women’s track runner Emily Sisson finished second at the US 12km Championships on Sunday, Nov. 16 in Alexandria, Va. Sisson, a nine-time All-American, finished the race in a time of 38:20 (5:09 per mile pace), 13 seconds behind the current 5000 meter American record holder, Molly Huddle. Sisson and Huddle share the same coach, Providence College cross country and track head coach Ray Treacy.

“I felt really good throughout the race,” said Sisson. “I’m so happy to have finished second to Molly since we both have Ray as our coach. It was great to go 1-2 in the race. I really enjoyed everything about the experience.”

Along with her nine All-American accolades, Sisson has accumulated five BIG EAST Championship titles during her time at Providence and was a member of the 2013 NCAA Cross Country Championship team. She will compete for the Providence College track team this year during the indoor and outdoor track seasons.

- Go Friars -?

Laura Nagel
Sports Information Graduate Assistant
Providence College