[Pcalumnixctrack] Providence College Women’s Cross Country Earns 2014 Div. I All-Academic Honors

Laura A Nagel lnagel at friars.providence.edu
Wed Feb 11 13:48:30 EST 2015

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Contact: Laura Nagel - 401.865.1245

Providence College Women’s Cross Country Earns 2014 Div. I All-Academic Honors

The women’s cross country team registered a 3.23 GPA during the fall season.

PROVIDENCE, R.I. - It was announced on Wed., Feb. 11 that the Providence College women’s cross country team earned Division I USTFCCCA Women’s Cross Country All-Academic Honors. A total of 226 institutions compose the group.

As a team, Providence finished 13th at the 2014 NCAA Div. I Cross Country Championship in Terre Haute, Ind. on Nov. 22. The team’s top-two finishers, sophomore Catarina Rocha (Peabody, Mass.) and junior Lauren Mullins (Binghamton, N.Y.), also earned individual All-Academic honors. Rocha earned the teams only All-America honors with a 33rd-place finish, while Mullins placed 67th at the championship.

During the fall season, the team registered a 3.23 GPA. To qualify as a USTFCCCA All-Academic Cross Country Team, the team must have had a cumulative team GPA of 3.00 or better and have started at least five runners at their respective NCAA regional championship. To qualify as earn USTFCCCA Cross Country All-Academic honors as an individual, the individual must finish among the top 15 finishers at regionals or as an All-American at the national meet, as well as compiling a cumulative GPA of at least 3.25.

-GO FRIARS-

Laura Nagel
Sports Information Graduate Assistant
Providence College